dinsdag 29 maart 2011

Tree of knowledge v2

Today I blew off the speck of dust from my good old 3ds max 5.1, dug up my 3d skills and put it to good work.

So I already had this idea of a transparent glass mold of a tree as a reaction on the metaphor of the tree of knowledge, that follows a hierarchical structure. Instead of the rhizome I thought of a mold, without the actual tree. A hollow split tree, because the source of knowledge is lacking in Postmodern life. It is fragmented as well, as it is possible to see multiple trees at once from every point of view. With two of them it makes it easy to imagine that you can to put the mold together to form your own knowledge, your own view on the world, your own perspective, your own solid tree.

It would be nice if I could realize a small scale version, but for now I have to do it with these:



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten